Wednesday, August 20, 2014

About Me

My full name is Savannah Lee Stell Santilli. Quite the mouthful, but what are you gonna do? I was born Savannah Lee Stell, and no, I was not born in Savannah, Georgia, or in Georgia period. I was born in Memphis, Tennessee. My father's side of the family is from Georgia and we are all Southern to the bone, hence the name. I have two wonderful parents who are still married, which in this day and age I find very impressive. I have an older sister who has 2 beautiful boys, the oldest of which starts middle school next year. If that doesn't make you feel old, I don't know what will. She married a great guy who, despite not being my nephew's biological father, treats them with all the love and kindness they deserve, which definitely makes him their real father. Their biological father was killed in Iraq in 2008. (RIP Chad.)

I live in Arkansas, the hottest, stickiest, most boring state in the union, but it's where I met my wonderful husband, so that definitely puts it up there in my top ten favorite states. We've been married since September 5, 2011 and we're still going strong. He's from Providence, Rhode Island and when he gets really excited about something, his accent slips out, which is awesome. He's extremely Italian, as is his entire family. Think The Sopranos meets The Family Guy. (I just read this to him, and he told me to just keep writing my blog and now he's ignoring me. He's just in denial.) We don't have any kids, but we do have two fantastic dogs named Apollo and Julius who think they're human, so close enough. My best friend is Aliya Dame and although I haven't seen her in awhile, I still absolutely adore her!  

So, now to what I want the focus of this blog to be about. I love books. I love everything about them. My husband thinks we might go broke if we buy all the ones that I want, but he adores me, so he does it anyway. My main genre is YA fantasy, fairytale retellings, mythology, both fiction and nonfiction (if mythology can be nonfiction), history, both fiction and nonfiction, and the occasional romance. Now, while these are my favorites, if it looks good, I'll read it. My hope is that this blog might get people to turn off their TVs and find books that they might want to read. If it helps even one person do that, then I've done my job. 

No comments:

Post a Comment